Thursday 4 April 2013

Visit to Thornhill 208


It was after the Easter weekend, I was feeling as though I had eaten enough Easter eggs to sink a battleship. I had worked all weekend and was needing a fresh injection of fun and couldn’t wait to get down to Thornhill for their business meeting. After a few phone calls, emails, sms’s and Whatsupp messages, it was arranged and the guys all arrived at my house in the pouring rain to leave their cars.

Adriaan (our Area Vice Chairman), Eugene (our Area PRO), my faithful side-kick Guillym and I all piled into the trusty Polo to make our epic voyage of discovery. After a brief stop at Prestons in Bushmans (where it appears I am getting a reputation of arriving to buy drinks with a car load of people dressed in quagga shoes and a striped jacket…) where we were greeted with open arms, we were off! The rain and wind were an irritant, but gave us a great opportunity to catch up in the car and chat.

As the only one in the car who had actually been to Thornhill (and I must confess it was not only a while ago, but I may have been “under the weather” at the time), I confidently drove us right up to the front door of the hotel. After some confusion (there were no vehicles out front) we saw Deon in the window of the bar and decided we were in fact at the right spot.

We were joined by Jannie and Johan from Zwartkops 195, and together with the guys from Thornhill 208 we enjoyed a good meeting. The best thing about travelling is seeing how other Clubs operate, and listening to their projects and ideas. Much fellowship and laughter followed, together with a fantastic supper.

After a lengthy goodbye, we managed to get ourselves back in the car and on our way, arriving at my house just before 1am. Thanks guys for a great evening and for the support!  It is always much appreciated!
 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment